Tuesday 16 October 2012

Eggs for breakfast

I've been craving the lovely free range eggs from the egg farm just round the corner from my house back home. And so last weekend my parents came to visit me and brought me a big tray full of eggs which I've been devouring this week. I tried dippy eggs and soldiers today, and it is by far one of my favourite and quite a nostalgic breakfast as my mum used to make it for me when I was younger.
I have to have the white part cooked as it really is pretty gross when it's all slimy, but the yolk is so much better when it is runny and golden. I'm an impatient cook and always pour boiled water over my eggs which can sometimes lead to them cracking, but it's a 50-50 chance, which I feel is worth taking :).....
I love these retro egg cups I was given from Homewood Bound Collections (one of my little going away presents from mum). But as you can see I was quite greedy and wanted three eggs when I only had two egg cups, which ruins the photographs a little ;)
Anyway, I will be back posting some more meals that I've been making on my new student budget soon !!

No comments:

Post a Comment