Thursday 14 February 2013

Pitta bread pizza's

 I've not had pitta bread pizza's in years! they're something I always had at my friends house when we were younger, and we'd always make them ourselves which added to the fun :)
They're super easy to make and providing you have pitta breads, then you can usually make these with your store cupboard items!
Ingredients:
Pitta bread
tomato puree or left over tomato pasta sauce
grated cheese
oregano
optional - basil leaves

Method:
Spread the puree or sauce over the whole pitta bread. You could cut them in half if you like but i think the thickness is fine on a whole one! Grate some cheddar cheese and sprinkle over the pitta and puree. Sprinkle a few shakes of dried oregano onto the pizzas and a few basil leaves if you have them.
Put under a hot grill for 5-8 minutes, (or until the cheese is browned and bubbling).
And that's it!


Scott, myself and mum had these over the weekend and they really warmed us up on a cold afternoon! I'm sure if you have kids they'd also be great as I always loved putting them together and eating them when I was little!

No comments:

Post a Comment