Friday 6 April 2012

Eggs in pots (oeufs en cocotte)

I love eggs. They're lower fat than bacon, more filling than cereal, and delicious covered in tomato sauce :) I have them 5 out 7 days a week for breakfast, and usually I have them fried with a slice of toast. But recently I've been watching a BBC programme called 'The little Paris Kitchen' with Rachel Khoo, who creates delicious Parisian cuisine in a simple and easy to do way!
Here is one of the recipes I tried from her recipe book which is very good ! It has quite a Sophie Dahl pretty and feminine style about it, and I loved her TV series and cook book!
Eggs in Pots:


 Ingredients:
4 eggs
150g/5½oz  creme fraiche
thyme
ground nutmeg
paprika
salt and pepper
Toasted soldiers

Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
1. Add a desert spoonful of creme fraiche to you teacup.
Season with salt and pepper, and a pinch of grated nutmeg.
2. Crack in your egg
3. Add another desert spoon of creme fraiche
4. Season with paprika, a few small sprigs of thyme and a little more salt and pepper.

5. Place the teacups in a baking dish and pour enough lukewarm water into the dish to come halfway up the sides of the teacups,
and bake for 15 minutes.
leave them a little longer if you like your eggs firmer.




 While the eggs were cooking I took a few shots of Seabear who was looking sneakily at me in the kitchen. She is usually stood annoyingly right under the cooker when I'm making food so she can get all the bits that fall (as I'm quite a messy cook), but the sun was shining and she was more interested in basking in the sun!

Viola. Enjoy your eggs :)
I had mine with toasted wholemeal bread cut into soldiers and of course buttered. Ha and I must admit I did have two teacups worth of them instead of the supposed one per person ;)

This is another breakfast recipe called : Croque Madame Muffins
which I tried yesterday, which is equally delicious.  


I used ramekins in stead of muffin trays!


No comments:

Post a Comment