Thursday 17 November 2011

When your dress is just that bit too short...

Today I decided to have a clear out of my closet! I listed a few things on EBay before finding this lovely velvet dress I bought a few months ago. Unfortunately when I purchased it, I didn't realise how short it was. Not that I’m against short skirts, I’m actually very pro short skirts. But this dress was that little bit too unacceptable for my daily trip to college! So I have come up with a way to lengthen it just that little bit more.
  
Firstly I plunged into my ribbon supply!

1. I found a similar colour ribbon and creamy lace that matched my dress.
2. I then sewed together the lace and the ribbon, with the lace on the underside.

3. Then I turned the dress inside out, and sewed the ribbon side to the dress.
4. Turn the dress back to the right way, and there you have it! A slightly more sophisticated look for a dress well worth keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment