Tuesday 1 May 2012

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

 As I have said before, Peanut butter is one of my favourite foods. I could eat peanut butter until it came out of my ears, especially when it's paired with chocolate. Reece's Peanut Butter cups are a brilliant American snack/treat where they produce this very combination!I gave my own version a go this week and they were incredible, potentially one of the nicest things I've made and eaten in a long time! They are creamy and yummy and not as salty as Reece's which means you can eat more (very dangerous). Mine were slightly larger as I only had brown muffin cases opposed to mini muffin cases, but to be honest more can't be a bad thing! It takes a lot to impress all the members of my family at once, but this time EVERYONE was a big fan and we enjoyed them for a dessert after our evening meal.
I prefer crunchy peanut butter, but thought smooth would be more similar to the original version, but in the future I may give the crunchy type a go!
 
 Scott is also partial to Peanut butter, especially Reece's, and devoured a good half of what I made, the greedy piglet....
  Once again I like to have my afternoon sweet treats with some milk, as apparently it's good for your bones / teeth etc. But really I just like the taste :)
 I used milk chocolate for the majority, but Dark chocolate would work equally as the peanut butter is very sweet. All in all I was very impressed with my new culinary triumph! In other news it's not long until the tearoom is open at my parents shop homewoodbound collections... SO EXCITED

No comments:

Post a Comment