Tuesday 17 July 2012

Sticky lemon and honey chicken - YUM

This is a recipe I use quite often for family meals. We are all chicken fans and its an ingredient you can do so much with, but this recipe seems to be a firm favourite. 

Ingredients:
1 Pack of chicken breasts/ thighs or a combination
3 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
5 sprigs thyme
juice of 2 lemons
salt &pepper

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the chicken. leave to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then place chicken and the mixture in an ovenporoof dish (I use the cruset) and cook on gas mark 7 for 40 mins. 
Check the chicken at about 30 mins, and if the colour is pale, remove the lid to allow the honey to caramelise and turn darker.
I like to serve the chicken with cous cous, as I can use the leftover juice to flavour the cous cous (it's too good to waste).










 It is very simple to make, and tastes so gorgeous. The sticky honey and lemon is the perfect flavour combination, and although I'm not a fan of chicken skin, even I can eat it when it tastes this good!

No comments:

Post a Comment